The only Cricut machine that is capable of using .svg files is the Cricut Explore. To import .svg files, you must use Cricut Design Space.
Cricut Design Space is online software. You don't need to download software on to your computer. That is a great pro unless you don't have internet connection.
To import .svg files to Cricut Design Space do the following:ottom right-hand corner. The cutting process will begin.
Most people who use MTC and cutting files are very aware of how wonderful vector files are. They are completely re-sizeable without any loss of quality. Sometimes, however a crafter, especially one who blogs needs a raster file. A raster file is not re-sizeable. They are typically the files you see on the web. They are .jpg, .png, and .gif formats for the most part. As a crafter, you may have created something that you do not want people to easily copy and reproduce. MTC has the perfect solution.
To create a raster image from MTC do the following:
- Once you have created a file the way you want it to look in MTC, select all layers
- Right mouse click and choose Export> Selection to Raster File
- A dialog window opens that allows you to choose file type (.jpg doesn't support transparency and while .png does support transparency you can choose to have a background behind your image if you prefer in your dialog box)
- Dialog box allows you to choose drop shadow and other elements (for example you can add a watermark to help brand your image
Cricut Design Space has made life easier for people who want to keep the cutting process simple. Unfortunately in doing so, you may find your score lines jump off your project and land on a mat by themselves. There is an easy fix for it.
- After your file is opened in Cricut Design Space, make sure you have only the elements you want grouped together on your mat.
- Click on Select All
- In the Layers Palette click "Attach"
The preferred file format in MTC is .svg. Importing and using .svg files in MTC couldn't be easier. MTC is fully integrated with your LD Library. You can access your LD Library and all the LD inventory in three ways:
- The art icon button in the top menu
- Under the File menu, choose Import>From Lettering Delights
- Under the View menu, click on Lettering Delights
Older versions of Cricut Design Space did not always open up .svg files true to size. You no longer have to worry about sizing issues in Cricut Design Space. If you do want to resize an image, upload it to your mat and drag the image smaller or bigger by clicking on double arrow icon in the lower- right hand corner.
Get $26 in Prickly Pear Product for FREE when you spend $6 anytime from August 7th-14th WHEN you use code: Sticky and follow these directions carefully*:
- Add the Prickly Pear Collection to your cart. Do not add the individual items. This coupon will only work if you add the bundle.
- Add other product to your cart so your whole shopping cart is equals or exceeds $22 (the discounted value of the bundle plus another $6 in product).
- You can add other product to your cart if you wish but you can check out after that requirement is met.
The $26 Prickly Pear Collection contains the following:
A Smart Font is a .OTF font that has alternate characters and ligatures. A ligature is where two or more graphemes or letters are joined as a single glyph. It is common to see AE or OE as a ligature (Æ or Œ ). When you use a regular font, you have to type a code to create a ligature. For AE you must type alt + 0198 in Windows. But when you use a .OTF Smart Font, as soon as you type AE it will automatically be replaced with Æ if that was one of the characters in the Smart Font.
Don't Miss Out! Follow us on: