Articles demonstrating how to accomplish specific tasks relating to the product or site.
Cricut Design Space has made life easier for people who want to keep the cutting process simple. Unfortunately in doing so, you may find your score lines jump off your project and land on a mat by themselves. There is an easy fix for it.
- After your file is opened in Cricut Design Space, make sure you have only the elements you want grouped together on your mat.
- Click on Select All
- In the Layers Palette click "Attach"
Older versions of Cricut Design Space did not always open up .svg files true to size. You no longer have to worry about sizing issues in Cricut Design Space. If you do want to resize an image, upload it to your mat and drag the image smaller or bigger by clicking on double arrow icon in the lower- right hand corner.
Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) can open the following file types:
SCAL vs. 2 was the last version of SCAL capable of cutting files with the Cricut Expression. If you have SCAL 3 or higher, you can prepare your files and take advantage of newer features and then still send your file to SCAL 2, to be cut with your Cricut Expression.
To do this, simply go through the steps you normally would to prepare and alter your files for cutting in SCAL 3 or higher. When you are finished do the following:
- Open Sure Cuts a Lot 2
- Go to File > Send To > Sure Cuts a Lot 2
- Your design is transferred and should be ready to cut.
The Conical Warp Tool in MTC is a great tool for anyone who wants to make cute cupcake, mug, or cup wrappers. Besides making wrappers, the conical warp tool is perfect to help warp imagery or words so they can be curved around a round object perfectly.
To use the Conical Warp Tool to make a cupcake wrapper follow these directions:
- Start by importing .svg or image file that have enough width to wrap a cupcake.
- Select image
- Click on the Conical Warp Tool in the bottom menu (looks like an arch)
- If your imagery or file is very tall, chances are you will want to click "Trim Bottom Overhang". The other default settings in the Conical Warp Tool are designed to fit a cupcake wrapper. Keep as is.
Don't Miss Out! Follow us on: