Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) can open the following file types:
To open a .svg into SCAL do the following:
- Click on File > Import
- Navigate to the folder that you have stored your LD svg files in.
- Choose your file by clicking on it. If you check the Preview box, you will see a preview in the open window. If you check the Show Outline box, the preview will be in outline format.
- Your file will appear with all it's layers. The colors of the file may look a little off. That is of no consequence. Do not worry about it.
- Ungroup your file by right-mouse clicking and choosing "Ungroup". This gives you access to the individual layers.
- Once the file is upgrouped, you can separate your images into pieces. You can place the different colors on different virtual mats. To add a new virtual mat, click the green plus button next to "Page 1".
- If you need to alter an individual element that is a compound path, right-mouse click and choose "Break Apart"
- When your paper is loaded on your real mat and your machine is on and you are ready to cut, send the file to cut by choosing "Cutter" icon.