Articles explaining the basics of LD and the products.
The online alphabet tool has replaced the "Try Me Now" tool from the old LetteringDelights site. It allows you to easily type with full-colored alphabets and save the image as one word or phrase to insert into a document or project. To access the online alphabet tool do the following:
- Sign into your LD account.
- Go to Downloads
- If you have a lot of product, you will probably want to filter your downloads by file type.
- Choose the alphabet you would like to type with
- Click on the "Use Alphabet" button
- Type in the Text Input Field. Most of our alphabets have two cases but often rather than having a true "lower case" the second case will be a different version of an uppercase. This allows you to have variance in color and style in words where there are repetitive letters like "banana".
- Choose the resolution you want. The bigger the resoultion, the bigger the file is. If you are using the product online the smaller sizes will suffice.
- Click "Download" when you are done and navigate to where you want to save the file.
We often refer to a printable .pdf just as "printable." A printable is simply a document that comes "ready to print." You simply download the .pdf and print. Many of the printables require some simple cutting and sometimes folding and gluing.
A paper pack or digital paper is patterned designs that are intended to be used in a variety of projects. They are typically .jpg files which means they will lose resolution if you scale them larger but since the files are 300 dpi, you can scale them up and not perceivably notice much difference if you are going more than double the original size. Our paper patterns are created at 300 dpi and are 12" x 12" so if you have a large scale printer, you actually could print scrapbook size paper. If not, you can fill a standard size sheet of paper with the print as well.
A cut tile is small pattern file that is created to be tiled right to left and up and down as a continuous pattern. Originally cut tiles were created with Make-The-Cut software in mind. In the software, a file shape can be continuously filled with the pattern.
Since cut tiles are continuous pattern files they can be used in any program that "tiles" a pattern, like the background of a web page or filling a shape in PhotoShop.
A thin Font is a single-line font. A person can put a pen, crayon, or a number of tools right into the "claw" of a cutting machine rather than a blade and use the machine to "draw" instead of "cut". When you do that with a regular font (.ttf or .otf) the machine traces the outline of the font so rather than having a single line, you get a double line.
LD loves to give Freebies!
Sign up for a free LD account and get over $40 in FREE product to sample. Membership has its benefits including instant access to these freebies and all of your previously purchased products in your downloads. Some of your $40 in freebies are shown below:
Sign up for free account at Lettering Delights and sample the following $40 in products for free. Membership has its benefits including instant access to these freebies and all of your previously purchased products in your personal Account.
Gift Certificates are available for you to buy for your friends and family. Simply choose a recipient and be sure to know his/her email. You can choose a theme of birthday, Christmas, general, graduation, love, party, or thank you. It can be made for any amount of your choosing and a personalized message can be added. Buy gift certificates here.
Don't Miss Out! Follow us on: