Yes. Your files need to be unzipped.
If you have Windows:
- Save your zipped file to a standard location. We recommend putting all your LD files in one location.
- Right mouse click on the zipped file.
- Choose "Extract All". You will see a folder appear within that directory you are currently. The new folder will have the name of the product and as long as you unzip files in the same location, all the product types with the same name will appear in sub directories under that parent file. For example, if you purchased "The Three Bears" Alphabet and "The Three Bears" Graphic Set, there would be only one folder named "The Three Bears". Within that folder you would find sub directories named "Alphabet" and "Graphics Set"
The Conical Warp Tool in MTC is a great tool for anyone who wants to make cute cupcake, mug, or cup wrappers. Besides making wrappers, the conical warp tool is perfect to help warp imagery or words so they can be curved around a round object perfectly.
To use the Conical Warp Tool to make a cupcake wrapper follow these directions:
- Start by importing .svg or image file that have enough width to wrap a cupcake.
- Select image
- Click on the Conical Warp Tool in the bottom menu (looks like an arch)
- If your imagery or file is very tall, chances are you will want to click "Trim Bottom Overhang". The other default settings in the Conical Warp Tool are designed to fit a cupcake wrapper. Keep as is.
The native file format for Silhouette Studio is .studio. It cannot import .svg unless you have upgraded and bought the Designer Edition. If you do not wish to pay for the upgrade, we suggest using .dxf files. The disadvantage to .dxf files is that they do not come in layered like a .svg file. It can also be difficult to see what they are as there are not thumbnail images of them until they are imported into your Silhouette Studio Library.
You can choose to open a .dxf file by clicking "Open" and changing Files of type filed to "All Files" or "DXF". Navigate to the folder where your LD .dxf files are stored, choose a file and click "open".
One of the lesser known features available in MTC is the ability to change colors and textures of imagery. This comes in handy when you need imagery to match a specific project you are doing. The following video explains the process:
The only Cricut machine that is capable of using .svg files is the Cricut Explore. To import .svg files, you must use Cricut Design Space.
Cricut Design Space is online software. You don't need to download software on to your computer. That is a great pro unless you don't have internet connection.
To import .svg files to Cricut Design Space do the following:ottom right-hand corner. The cutting process will begin.
Please follow directions carefully so you can get this product FREE as you check out!
Earn the entire "Pool Party" Collection FREE! This $18 value is yours FREE when you spend $7 anytime from July 3-July 31 (Midnight MST) and you sue code: PoolParty
Read carefully to make sure you understand:
- Add the Pool Party Bundle to your cart. Do not add the individual items. This coupon will only work if you add the bundle.
- Add other product to your cart so your whole shopping cart is equals or exceeds $18 (the discounted value of the bundle plus another $7).
- You can add other product to your cart if you wish but you can check out after that requirement is met.
See the whole Pool Party Collection here:
Combining elements when making projects, photocards, cards, or whatever you are doing is easy in Pixlr.
Go to Pixlr Online. Follow these easy steps:
1. Click on OPEN IMAGE FROM COMPUTER
If you buy your fonts on Lettering Delights or our sister site, ScrapNFonts, you might want to keep them organized in Silhouette Studio's Library. This is easy to do:
- Go to File>Import>Import to Library
Don't Miss Out! Follow us on: